Recent Posts

Monday, February 27

Trainer/English Teacher



QUE ONDA! So a lot has been going on this week! So first off, I am training my new companion since she is new. I was really surprised that they asked me to train because I am the missionary with the least time in the mission who is training already and i just finished my 3 months of training a week ago. so its crazy being on one end and going straight to the other soo fast. So I am training Hermana Blunk who is from Los Angeles, California. We are still in the same area, Las Flores Mazatenango. So this week Ive been showing her around and introducing her to the members and Bishop and everything. Hermana Blunk barely knows or understands spanish so its definitely going to be a challenege trying to get her to speak only spanish since we speak in english to eachother. I feel so weird speaking english because Im so used to speaking only spanish 100 percent of the time with my previous companion. But well see how it goes. Hermana Blunk is 28 years old and she is the only member in her family. She was baptized 3 years ago. 2 reallly awesome things we have in common though is our favorite food is sushi and we both love Hello Kitty! So thats obviously a sign that were bound to get a long ha! But yeah, since its my first time switiching companions, im having trouble adjusting to being around someone wayy different than me. Her Blunk is quiet and barely talks and is very serious and barely laughs, whereas I am constantly laughing and joking around with everyone so well see how this goes I guess. In addition, on Wednesday at the changes meeting, the President asked to talk to me and he asked me to be the new english teacher for the mission. I accepted and Im really excited. So basically I will be working with the latino missionaries and helping them work on the BYU english program so they can take a test and get their certificate. So I will be working with them by calling them and emailing them back and forth and giving them the exam when they are ready. As far as investigators, we found a lot of people in Santo Domingo yesterday because we went with a member who used to be branch President there so he knows Santo Domingo like the back of his hand. We talked to a lot of people who said they would be willing to have us talk to them and share the lessons so we have a lot of appointments for this week. We also taught a really intense lesson to Erik and Guadalupe, 2 new investigators we met through Mauricio, the stake mission leader who is also in our ward. They are really interested in the gospel and Guadalupe accepted the baptismal date we set for March 3 but they both have never been to church so we need to help them go so they can progress and follow through with the requirements needed for their baptism. But besides that, everything else is good! Im healthy and alive and melting as usual in this heat. Thank you sooo much Brenda, Adry, Mom, Dad, Judy, and Ana for the valentines day package! Loved everything and I had soo much fun opening everything with my companion! I miss you all! Hope you are all doing amazing!
Hermana Argueta