Recent Posts

Monday, February 13

Xela Temple






Hi! Wow feels like I havent written in forever! So last week Presidente Maravilla (the mission president) came to Mazate to announce to us missionaries that we would be the first zone to have the opportunity to go to the temple in XELA with him and his wife! Everyone was shocked and beyond excited. So last Tuesday we took a 2 hour bus ride to XELA to make it to the 10am session at the recently dedicated temple! I was really excited because this is the first time missionaries in our mission have been given the opportunity to go. After Presidente made the announcement, that was ALL my companion and I and the other missionaries could talk about! It was amazing to be inside the temple with 40 other missionaries and the President and his wife! It was definitely a sacred and special experience Ill never forget. It can be easy to forget the feelings that come from being present in the temple when you havent gone in a while. I definitely appreciated every second I was there and was humbled to have that time there to thank the Lord for allowing me to be here in Guatemala as a missionary on his errand. Being in the temple also reminded me of how important families are and how blessed we are to have the opportunity to have eternal families for ALL of eternity and not just here on this earth temporarily. I definitely thought about the investigators I have now and the ones I will have in the future and how awesome it is to be in the position that I am in now, being able to testify to them that their very own familiy can be eternal too! This all starts with baptism, though, our first covenant with Heavenly Father, and only after that can we be lead to the temple to progress and make other covenants. Im grateful for the temple and for the chance I have to be able to share the message of eternal families and holy temples as a missionera for the next 15 months! I LOVE being a missionary! Thanks for all of your support, friendship, and love! You are all amazing. Dont forget it. Have an amazing week!