Recent Posts

Monday, March 19

La Maquinaria



Hey Everyone! So this week was kinda busy because I had to balance my calling as the english teacher with my missionary calling. I had a lot of phone calls to make to the latino missionaries to see how well they are progressing in their english. This week my comp and I focused on finding new people to teach. I honestly can say that going out with the members is the way to go and makes all the difference. Think about it for a sec... would you be more intimidated to talk to 2 missionaries that show up uninvited at your front door or would you rather be interested in going to a friends house and having a lesson altogether with the missionaries? Whenever we bring members over to an appointment, they instantly have a new friend or a person that can fellowship them when they missionaries arent around. We cant always be around as missionaries and take an investigator to and fro which is why its important that we find good members to handoff the investigators when we cant be there with them. This week my comp and I brought 3 young women to church and they LOVED it! They cant wait to come back next Sunday with us. They are having a hard time understanding what it means to be baptized and the fact that baptism entails membership in the church. They are catholic and want to come to both churches, ours and the catholic church. We are going to answer their questions this Wednesday. So this week is kinda rare because today, Monday until Wednesday the Hermana missionaries (theres 30 of us) are having a little conference/vacation! We are going to the beach and gonna play volleyball and sleep in a big house for 2 nights, kinda like a slumber party I think! I´m sooo excited! We are leaving on a bus tonight for Reu with the other hermanas in our zone to go meet everyone up. Thanks mom and dad for the package and to everyone who contributed too! I love missionary work and spreading the gospel every day in Guatemala! Hasta luego!
Hermana Argueta