Recent Posts

Monday, April 9

Semana Santa

 




Happy late easter! So this week was crazy! So on Thursday and Friday the whole mission had a challenge do read the book of mormon in 36 hours. So our whole zone got together on Thursday morning and we all took turns reading together ALL DAY LONG! We did this on Friday all day too. We werent allowed to go out to work on Thursday or Friday for semana santa, or easter, because people here go out and its a holiday so no ones home anyway. It was fun, tiring, and exhausting to read the book of mormon NONSTOP but we did it. We all finished reading at 1:30 am on Saturday! On Thursday night the hermanas got to go home and sleep, but the elders had to sleep in the church for 2 nights! So of course the church was filthy when we came back on Friday morning. Anyways, I got a little sick for a few days but now Im totally back to normal and feel great! Unfortunately, my comp got sick after me because Im pretty sure we both ate or drank something sketchy the week before or something, even though Im not sure at the moment what it is. So on Saturday we were supposed to have a baptism for Pancho, the fourteen year old boy, but he called me and said he didnt think he could get baptized and wanted to talk to us... this happened 2 hours before he was supposed to get baptized. So I immediately told my comp who was laying down and we rushed over to see Pancho at his member friend Andres´house. So we start talking to Pancho and finally convinced him that he was making the right decision to get baptized, when all of a sudden my comp started crying. We asked her what was wrong and she said her head hurt really bad and was pounding like never before. She asked Andres if she could lay down on his bed, so she did. Then she started feeling really sick and throwing up and all that and couldnt even move. So I called my zone leaders and they called the President. Meanwhile, Pancho went to go ask his mom for permission for his baptism. I wanted to go talk to his mom, but I couldnt leave the house because my comp was sick and couldnt move. So it was super frustrating having to deal with the baptism mess and then my comp being SUPER sick. I felt sooo bad for her! She was seriously sooo sick! So Pancho´s mom had a friend over who was really anti mormon and told her all these negative things about the church so ended up not giving him permission.  Then the assistant elders called me and said they were on their way to pick us up and take us to Reu, about 20 minutes away. So they came, gave my comp a blessing, and then we went to my house and I packed as fast as possible for the both of us. The car ride to Reu was HORRIBLE for her. She was sooo nasuseous all the way there. Plus we had to drive slower because it was raining a lot. So we went to the doctor in Reu around 8:30 at night and after she took some tests, he told us she had a form of typhoid. So it was good that we came to him because she needed injections and tons of medication. After, the assistants took us to a hotel in Reu and my comp and I stayed there for the night. The next day we went to church in Reu and after talked to Hermana Maravilla, the Presidents wife and a doctor. Then we took a bus back to Mazate. My comp is way better thankfully. So on a happy note, we talked to Panchos mom yesterday and we have plans to talk to her more in depth tomorrow. Plus we are going to be visitimg the family we brought to conference this week too. For Pday today we went to a fun Park in my area and rode bikes and played and just hung out. I miss all of you a lot. Send me pictures of Milo! Hope you all have a great week!

Hermana Argueta